Thursday, February 15, 2007

OK, I've hit one of those points Brooke warned us about. First off, yesterday was a complete waste and a total bummer. It was a day of snow-shoveling...finally I got down to drawing some last night, but I could already tell something wasn't working right. Plum's eyes were too big or something...and now that I've put Q into that picture, I totally hate it. I was trying to thicken things up a bit, because I feel like the characters in my first episode look too wirey...the whole thing looks cluttered (which is partially on purpose, due to the messy workbench area in the background), and it takes more memory than I'd like. Looking at the other comics I like, they tend to take up less space than I do, yet look infinitely better...just straight up more pleasing to the eye. I have to find a fix to this, but I'm afraid I'm also just letting myself get lost in more minor details rather than moving on. Generally, I'm feeling like a waste.

No comments: